Groundbreaking for new transportation center at Olive-Harvey College
October 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel joins City Colleges Chancellor Cheryl Hyman Monday to break ground on a $45 million project.
The Transportation, Distribution and Logistics Center will be at Olive-Harvey College and will be the first of its kind in Illinois. It is designed to prepare students for more than 100,000 jobs expected in the Chicago area over the next decade.
The construction project itself will create 150 jobs.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens 29 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation