Groundbreaking for new transportation center at Olive-Harvey College
October 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel joins City Colleges Chancellor Cheryl Hyman Monday to break ground on a $45 million project.
The Transportation, Distribution and Logistics Center will be at Olive-Harvey College and will be the first of its kind in Illinois. It is designed to prepare students for more than 100,000 jobs expected in the Chicago area over the next decade.
The construction project itself will create 150 jobs.
- LIVE Coverage of Nelson Mandela Memorial 30 min ago
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5 17 min ago
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913