CPS cutting 79 positions in network reduction move
October 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Public Schools is cutting staff under what it is calling a new "network structure."
The school district is already organized into academic networks that provide administrative support, strategic direction and leadership development to all schools. CPS says it will reduce the current 19 networks to 13, which means 79 positions will be eliminated.
The school district says the changes will ultimately redirect more dollars to classrooms.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Community on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted 17 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago 47 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- 7 in :77
15 min ago
- Community on alert after girl, 15, beaten,...
17 min ago