CPS cutting 79 positions in network reduction move
October 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Public Schools is cutting staff under what it is calling a new "network structure."
The school district is already organized into academic networks that provide administrative support, strategic direction and leadership development to all schools. CPS says it will reduce the current 19 networks to 13, which means 79 positions will be eliminated.
The school district says the changes will ultimately redirect more dollars to classrooms.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 16 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters 48 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago 11 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting 9 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 24 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
16 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
24 min ago
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami...
48 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos