Man, Kevin Culverson, charged in deadly shooting near Obama home that killed 15-year-old Cornelius German
October 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 20-year-old man was charged in a shooting blocks away from President Barack Obama's Chicago home on the South Side earlier this year.
Kevin Culverson is accused of firing a handgun into a crowd of people in April 22, killing Cornelius German, 15. It happened in the 5000-block of S. Evans Avenue at approximately 9:40 p.m.
Culverson is charged with first-degree murder. He was expected to appear in bond court Wednesday.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains