Man, Kevin Culverson, charged in deadly shooting near Obama home that killed 15-year-old Cornelius German
October 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 20-year-old man was charged in a shooting blocks away from President Barack Obama's Chicago home on the South Side earlier this year.
Kevin Culverson is accused of firing a handgun into a crowd of people in April 22, killing Cornelius German, 15. It happened in the 5000-block of S. Evans Avenue at approximately 9:40 p.m.
Culverson is charged with first-degree murder. He was expected to appear in bond court Wednesday.
- Nelson Mandela dead at age 95 25 min ago
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment 47 min ago
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 13 min ago
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune 2:05 AM 36 min ago
- Fire destroys Gary church, vacant building
- 2 men charged in Homewood bank robbery
- Illinois governor signs pension overhaul into law
- Cops: Woman, 51, who hit 3 cars in West Loop was high
- Chicagoan dies in 1-car Skokie tree crash
- Rose calls meniscus tear a 'freak accident'
- Lake Zurich Salvation Army kettle gets $5,200 in gold coins
- Bears' Cutler, Briggs out vs Cowboys
- Richard Gillman gets 4 years in prison, 2 years of probation in...
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
13 min ago
- Nelson Mandela dead at age 95
25 min ago
- Woman says doc posted ER photos on social...
12 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos