Drew Williams suffers setback; Lane Tech football player in coma after taking hit in game
October 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A Chicago high school football player who was badly injured in a game has suffered a setback.
Seventeen-year-old Drew Williams from Lane Tech High School suffered bleeding on the brain after taking a hit and is in a coma.
According to a post on Williams' recovery Facebook page, the teen is returning to intensive care with an infection.
He had been released to rehab but was rushed back to the hospital to be treated.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 3 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt 28 min ago
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- 2 kids who died with dad in I-65 crash ID'd 12 min ago
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Barrington meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos