Drew Williams suffers setback; Lane Tech football player in coma after taking hit in game
October 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A Chicago high school football player who was badly injured in a game has suffered a setback.
Seventeen-year-old Drew Williams from Lane Tech High School suffered bleeding on the brain after taking a hit and is in a coma.
According to a post on Williams' recovery Facebook page, the teen is returning to intensive care with an infection.
He had been released to rehab but was rushed back to the hospital to be treated.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood 48 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 54 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 37 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business 46 min ago
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night 43 min ago
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
37 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
48 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
54 min ago
- Aperitifs, digestifs enhance meals at Sable
47 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos