Dan Ryan reopened after fatal crash on I-94 at 91st
November 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A dump truck driver was killed in a multi-vehicle crash on the Dan Ryan near 91st Street Friday.
All lanes of traffic on the Dan Ryan have been reopened after being shut down for about four hours Friday evening.
Police say the truck struck the wall on the right near 91st and then went across all the lanes and hit the wall on the left. No one else was injured. The truck driver, who was on his way home after delivering a load, was pronounced dead.
The Cook County Medical Examiner says he's a 56-year old man. His name has not been released.
Family and friends of the driver who gathered at the scene said he was done for the day and headed northbound to the 87th Street exit to go home when he was cut off by another driver. Police are conducting a criminal investigation.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after Bellwood shooting 33 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults 32 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after...
33 min ago
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled...
32 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos