Dan Ryan reopened after fatal crash on I-94 at 91st
November 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A dump truck driver was killed in a multi-vehicle crash on the Dan Ryan near 91st Street Friday.
All lanes of traffic on the Dan Ryan have been reopened after being shut down for about four hours Friday evening.
Police say the truck struck the wall on the right near 91st and then went across all the lanes and hit the wall on the left. No one else was injured. The truck driver, who was on his way home after delivering a load, was pronounced dead.
The Cook County Medical Examiner says he's a 56-year old man. His name has not been released.
Family and friends of the driver who gathered at the scene said he was done for the day and headed northbound to the 87th Street exit to go home when he was cut off by another driver. Police are conducting a criminal investigation.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer