Dan Ryan reopened after fatal crash on I-94 at 91st
November 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A dump truck driver was killed in a multi-vehicle crash on the Dan Ryan near 91st Street Friday.
All lanes of traffic on the Dan Ryan have been reopened after being shut down for about four hours Friday evening.
Police say the truck struck the wall on the right near 91st and then went across all the lanes and hit the wall on the left. No one else was injured. The truck driver, who was on his way home after delivering a load, was pronounced dead.
The Cook County Medical Examiner says he's a 56-year old man. His name has not been released.
Family and friends of the driver who gathered at the scene said he was done for the day and headed northbound to the 87th Street exit to go home when he was cut off by another driver. Police are conducting a criminal investigation.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 45 min ago
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary 34 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 29 min ago
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
29 min ago
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly...
48 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
45 min ago
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last...
34 min ago