CTA union chief wants Ventra delayed
November 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Riders having trouble with the new Ventra cards are taking out their frustrations on CTA employees, according to one union official. And he says something needs to be done.
Robert Kelly with the Amalgamated Transit Union says passengers are having such problems as trouble loading the cards with money and being billed multiple times. But he says his employees can't resolve those issues. Passengers have to contact Ventra.
"I'd like them to pull back on the system until they can get it working right," Kelly said. "I mean, don't implement something that's wrong. I hear every day from my members the problems that are going on out there. And they're tired of getting beat up and hearing the complaints."
Kelly says his employees are on the public's side. ABC7 Eyewitness News was unable to reach anyone from the CTA for a response.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman 9 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 52 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD 58 min ago