Driver beaten after hitting 2 pedestrians on South Side
November 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Three men were hospitalized after a driver hit two pedestrians and was beaten by an angry crowd.
The incident happened shortly after 7 p.m. Friday in the 9300-block of South Cottage Grove Avenue.
Paramedics had to call police for backup after people who had gathered at the scene dragged the driver out of his car and pummeled him.
One of the injured pedestrians was listed in critical condition. The other pedestrian and the driver were in serious but stable condition.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...