Driver beaten after hitting 2 pedestrians on South Side
November 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Three men were hospitalized after a driver hit two pedestrians and was beaten by an angry crowd.
The incident happened shortly after 7 p.m. Friday in the 9300-block of South Cottage Grove Avenue.
Paramedics had to call police for backup after people who had gathered at the scene dragged the driver out of his car and pummeled him.
One of the injured pedestrians was listed in critical condition. The other pedestrian and the driver were in serious but stable condition.
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment 6 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 11 min ago
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western 11 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash 44 min ago
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake