Woman accidentally shoots self in squad car
November 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A woman is accidentally shot while in the back of a Chicago police squad car.
It happened in the 3300 block of South Wentworth. Police say officers had arrested the woman.
They were waiting for a female officer to come and conduct a search of the woman. Police say that's when a gun she was trying to hide accidentally discharged.
The woman was struck in the torso. There's no word on her condition.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 56 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night 2 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 10 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine 42 min ago
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos