9 hurt in crash involving Chicago police near 102nd and South Indianapolis Avenue
November 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Three Chicago police officers were among nine people hurt in a three-car crash.
Investigators say one of the cars involved in the accident at 102nd Street and South Indianapolis Avenue was an unmarked police car.
A witness says it looked like the police car was making a traffic stop when another car crashed into it.
" It sounded real loud. It sounded like a major crash, like a car pileup," said the unidentified witness.
According to police, three people went to the hospital in critical condition. Five others also were transported to hospitals, and one other person refused treatment on scene.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 55 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- South Shore Line trains delayed by cold
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- 7 in 77