CPS security guard found not guilty of pushing Dunbar student
November 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago Public School security guard charged with pushing a female student down the stairs was found not guilty on Tuesday.
Cell phone video of the incident shows part of what happened back in May at Dunbar High School.
Lauren Goodlow, 16, suffered injuries to her face and body, according to her family. Security guard Preston Dixon was charged with battery.
Goodlow's family attorney says a judge reached her verdict in the case during a bench trial.
They plan to hold a news conference on Wednesday to express their outage over the not guilty verdict.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant