CPS security guard found not guilty of pushing Dunbar student
November 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago Public School security guard charged with pushing a female student down the stairs was found not guilty on Tuesday.
Cell phone video of the incident shows part of what happened back in May at Dunbar High School.
Lauren Goodlow, 16, suffered injuries to her face and body, according to her family. Security guard Preston Dixon was charged with battery.
Goodlow's family attorney says a judge reached her verdict in the case during a bench trial.
They plan to hold a news conference on Wednesday to express their outage over the not guilty verdict.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake