Dan Ryan crash kills 1, critically injures 3
November 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- All lanes have reopened on the inbound Dan Ryan Expressway after one person was killed and three others injured in a pin-in crash Wednesday morning.
The crash involving a semi truck and three cars occurred shortly after 5 a.m. near 85th Street, and lanes were reopened at 10:12 a.m., authorities said.
Three people were taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital and another to Comer Children's Hospital after the crash, according to Fire Media Affairs.
One of the victims, a woman in her 30s, later died.
Illinois State Police are investigating, but weather is believed to be the cause after the semi jackknifed.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boston Marathon bombing comment no threat to St. Patrick's Day...
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam 34 min ago
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case 26 min ago
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD