Plane off runway at O'Hare; no injuries on American Eagle Flight 4332
November 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- No one was injured when an American Eagle flight from New Orleans to Chicago went off the runway at O'Hare International Airport.
Flight 4332 from New Orleans was taxiing to the gate when its nose gear got off the tarmac pavement and onto the grass.
"We landed, and then as we were almost stopping, I guess all the rain and wind, we skidded off to the grass. But everybody was fine," David Behm, passenger, said.
Christina Clock was on another plane when she saw Flight 4332 off the tarmac.
"It was a little bit surprising," Christina Clock said. "I don't usually see things like that when I'm taxiing in from a flight. . . It caught everyone's attention."
Runway 27Left was closed while the passengers were moved by bus.
American Airlines released a statement, "American Eagle Flight 4332 from New Orleans to Chicago, operated by Republic Airlines, landed normally and safely this morning at Chicago O'Hare International Airport. While taxiing to the terminal at O'Hare, the aircraft exited the taxiway and the nose gear of the plane ended up in the grass. The aircraft is an Embraer E175 with 38 passengers and a crew of four. No injuries were reported. Passengers are being bused to the terminal."
chicago news, john garcia
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 8 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 25 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 13 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
25 min ago
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
8 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos