Chicago Police Officer Allen Hall charged with criminal sex abuse
November 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Police Officer Allen Hall, 57, is accused of sexually abusing two family members. He faces charges of criminal sexual abuse.
Bond was set at $20,000 for Hall, a 19-year veteran of the Chicago Police Department, during his court appearance at the Leighton Criminal Courts building.
Hall faces five counts of criminal sexual abuse. Four of the charges allegedly involve his niece and go back to 2005, when she was 13-years old; the fifth charge allegedly involves his niece's 3-year-old daughter and allegedly happened outside a Payday Loan store two weeks ago.
Richard Blass is the attorney representing Hall.
"There is an allegation that one of the alleged victims told her mother, who didn't bother to talk to the police over eight years ago. I don't know what to make of the allegations, other than that they're simply allegations. And for them to be coming forward now, all of the sudden, for this to be some big emergency- I don't understand it," Richard Blass said.
Blass said Hall has a blemish-free service record and works the overnight desk shift at 14th district. Blass said Hall moved out of his house, which is some of the allegations of sex abuse took place, and voluntarily turned himself in after his shift on Tuesday morning.
"He feels terrible," Blass said. "First of all, his reputation, his good reputation is at stake. He's been a successful policeman for 19 years, He just received an award for good attendance. There's no blemishes on his record whatsoever, And now this just hit him like a brick wall."
Officer Hall has been relieved of his police duties. It isn't clear if he still has his desk job.
chicago news, ravi baichwal
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 43 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 48 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed 4 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
48 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
43 min ago