CPD officer files sexual harassment lawsuit; Fellow officer Gerald Breimon accused of harassing Kelly Hespe
November 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago police officer files a federal lawsuit accusing a fellow officer of sexual harassment.
Kelly Hespe says the department did not adequately supervise Sergeant Gerald Breimon after he was accused of sexually abusing a woman in 2003.
Those charges were later dropped.
Hespe says Breimon harassed her over a four-year period when he was her direct supervisor.
He and the police department are named in the lawsuit along with a police lieutenant.
"Even in my own home I haven't felt safe, I worry about my kids all the time. I have nightmares all the time about it," Hespe said.
The Chicago Police Department has not had the opportunity to review the claims, but said once they do, they will "proceed in the best interest of taxpayers."
chicago police department, chicago news
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack 4 min ago
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night 7 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 4 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine 47 min ago
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos