Mayor cuts ribbon on Hyde Park's Harper Court redevelopment
November 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Friday was a big day for a big redevelopment project in the Hyde Park neighborhood.
Mayor Emanuel joined other elected officials and community members Friday morning to officially cut the ribbon on the new Harper Court.
That project brings several new amenities to the main commercial district of Hyde Park, including a new hotel, stores and restaurants.
There is also space dedicated for outdoor festivals, farmer's markets and other community events.
Mayor Emanuel estimates the project will bring nearly 300 permanent jobs to the area.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer