CTA Green Line train service stopped for weekend between Roosevelt and 35th Bronzeville-IIT
November 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Transit Authority has closed part of the Green Line track for the weekend.
Rail service is temporarily suspended between the Roosevelt and 35th Bronzeville-IIT stops. CTA is providing shuttle buses to replace train service between those two stops.
The tracks are closed to allow crews to work on the new Cermak-McCormick Place station and for structural maintenance work.
The track will remain closed Sunday, as well, but will reopen at 4 a.m. Monday.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 47 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
47 min ago