CTA Green Line train service stopped for weekend between Roosevelt and 35th Bronzeville-IIT
November 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Transit Authority has closed part of the Green Line track for the weekend.
Rail service is temporarily suspended between the Roosevelt and 35th Bronzeville-IIT stops. CTA is providing shuttle buses to replace train service between those two stops.
The tracks are closed to allow crews to work on the new Cermak-McCormick Place station and for structural maintenance work.
The track will remain closed Sunday, as well, but will reopen at 4 a.m. Monday.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home