CTA Green Line train service stopped for weekend between Roosevelt and 35th Bronzeville-IIT
November 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Transit Authority has closed part of the Green Line track for the weekend.
Rail service is temporarily suspended between the Roosevelt and 35th Bronzeville-IIT stops. CTA is providing shuttle buses to replace train service between those two stops.
The tracks are closed to allow crews to work on the new Cermak-McCormick Place station and for structural maintenance work.
The track will remain closed Sunday, as well, but will reopen at 4 a.m. Monday.
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 55 min ago
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 1 min ago
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 13 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma 40 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits 49 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos