Church fire investigated, Sunday service held
November 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Parishioners at a Northwest Side church had to attend Sunday service in a building annex after arson damaged the sanctuary.
Investigators say someone used an accelerant to start the fire early Saturday morning at Outreach Community Church.
Nearby residents reported hearing loud noises before the blaze started.
No one was hurt.
The fire comes one day before someone threw bricks through the front door of the church.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman 41 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 21 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy 12 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Festival Fridays
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
19 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
21 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
12 min ago