Lincoln Elementary expanding for overcrowding
November 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A school in Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood is expanding.
A new addition will be built for Abraham Lincoln Elementary School.
It has struggled with overcrowding for years.
The expansion will accommodate approximately 500 additional children and keep all grades at the school under one roof.
School officials say the additional space will also allow Lincoln Elementary to offer planned pre-K programs and full day kindergarten.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer 55 min ago
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party 43 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77