Lincoln Elementary expanding for overcrowding
November 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A school in Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood is expanding.
A new addition will be built for Abraham Lincoln Elementary School.
It has struggled with overcrowding for years.
The expansion will accommodate approximately 500 additional children and keep all grades at the school under one roof.
School officials say the additional space will also allow Lincoln Elementary to offer planned pre-K programs and full day kindergarten.
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western 48 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake