11/12/13 date brings weddings, babies
November 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Tuesday's date - 11/12/13 - only comes along once every 100 years. So when it does, people like to celebrate in special ways.
They are really just three numbers - 11/12/13. But to some they are much more. And that's when you make a date to spend the date at the Cook County Clerk's Office and get married. On 11/12/13.
"Well we are actually having our wedding in Cancun, Mexico, but we wanted to get legally married in the city of Chicago. So when 11/12/13 only happens once, we thought today would be the day," said newlyweds Jacob Wahler and Joanna Folz.
"Easy to remember, it's her choice," said John Sullivan, newlywed to Lisa Baker.
Veronica Jaimes and Brandon Celio were married by Circuit Court Judge Steven Bernstein in a brief ceremony. A short wedding but one designed to last forever.
These sequential dates only happen at the beginning of new centuries. For instance, last October we had 10/11/12. And next December we have 12/13/14. And we don't have another one until 2103. So when it happens, take advantage. Get married.
Or have a baby.
At Rush University Medical Center, Burcu Kusculuogla and her husband welcomed their baby girl Serra early Tuesday morning on 11/12/13.
"I thought about it and wondered if she'd be born on that day, and she came out that day. She's something special," she said. "It's very special."
Christina Anderson was in labor waiting for the birth of son Ryan, and it better not be after midnight, she said.
"It's not going to happen," she said. "The nurses won't want to come in here if that's the case."
Fortunately, Ryan was born just after ABC7's crew left, and he did not weigh 11:12:13.
The Cook County Clerk's Office said at least 54 couples were married 11/12/13, compared to about 15-20 on a normal weekday. Several of the couples waited to be married at 2:15 p.m., making it 11/12/13, 14:15.
chicago news, frank mathie
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Metra train fatally hits man on NW Side 33 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 50 min ago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Ill. communities spurring renewable energy 39 min ago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial 52 min ago
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather 46 min ago
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant 36 min ago
- 7 in :77