Englewood gas station shooting: 1 dead, 1 wounded near 59th, Halsted
November 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person has been fatally shot and another wounded at a Citgo gas station in the Englewood neighborhood on the city's South Side.
Chopper 7 HD was over the scene of the shooting Wednesday afternoon at 59th and Halsted.
The identity of the person killed has not been released, but ABC7 Eyewitness News is told the victims were both young men in their 20s and apparently cousins.
Police say they believe the shooting was gang-related. It occurred at 2:20 p.m. Wednesday afternoon when police say two rival groups were in the store and there was a dispute.
This is the third fatal shooting in Chicago in the last 24 hours, with two on the South Side and one on the West Side.
chicago news, paul meincke
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake