Englewood gas station shooting: 1 dead, 1 wounded near 59th, Halsted
November 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person has been fatally shot and another wounded at a Citgo gas station in the Englewood neighborhood on the city's South Side.
Chopper 7 HD was over the scene of the shooting Wednesday afternoon at 59th and Halsted.
The identity of the person killed has not been released, but ABC7 Eyewitness News is told the victims were both young men in their 20s and apparently cousins.
Police say they believe the shooting was gang-related. It occurred at 2:20 p.m. Wednesday afternoon when police say two rival groups were in the store and there was a dispute.
This is the third fatal shooting in Chicago in the last 24 hours, with two on the South Side and one on the West Side.
chicago news, paul meincke
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Former suburban Dominick's to become Piggly Wiggly
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red...