Mayor Rahm Emanuel traveling to meet Mexico City mayor, expand economic ties
November 13, 2013 (MEXICO CITY) (WLS) -- Mayor Rahm Emanuel is traveling to Mexico where he's expected to sign a deal Thursday with the mayor of Mexico City.
The terms of the deal have not been spelled out, but it's part of the Global Cities Initiative. The point of the initiative is to expand economic ties.
Former Mayor Daley is already in Mexico for the event and says a key component is to help businesses grow.
"Medium-sized businesses benefit with Canada and Mexico doing business, and eventually more and more with China as well," said former Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley.
The details of the deal with Mexico City are expected to be announced soon.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 20 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say 56 min ago
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up 26 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail 50 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital 13 min ago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
20 min ago