3 arrested after rooftop SUV dance in The Loop
November 15, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Three people were arrested Thursday afternoon as they danced on the top of their SUV stopped in the middle of LaSalle Street in downtown Chicago.
Chicago police say the incident happened around 2 PM in the busy intersection of LaSalle and Monroe in the Loop.
The three, two males and a female, all from Arizona along with four small children were in the SUV travelling along Monroe Street. The driver stopped in the middle of the intersection and two of the three adults got out of the vehicle and began dancing on the roof along with several of the children.
Chicago police came upon the group and arrested the adults. All three were charged with misdemeanor "causing children to be endangered". The four children were taken into DCFS custody.
There is no word on what prompted the unusual incident.
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 4 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum 32 min ago
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime 16 min ago
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Larkin High School poms squad honored 33 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day 34 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Some IL concealed carry applicants notified...
26 min ago