3 arrested after rooftop SUV dance in The Loop
November 15, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Three people were arrested Thursday afternoon as they danced on the top of their SUV stopped in the middle of LaSalle Street in downtown Chicago.
Chicago police say the incident happened around 2 PM in the busy intersection of LaSalle and Monroe in the Loop.
The three, two males and a female, all from Arizona along with four small children were in the SUV travelling along Monroe Street. The driver stopped in the middle of the intersection and two of the three adults got out of the vehicle and began dancing on the roof along with several of the children.
Chicago police came upon the group and arrested the adults. All three were charged with misdemeanor "causing children to be endangered". The four children were taken into DCFS custody.
There is no word on what prompted the unusual incident.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff 49 min ago
- Girl, about 3, found dead in Riverdale woods
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 14 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 52 min ago
- Toddler reported missing on South Side 52 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues 29 min ago
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
52 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour...
49 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos