Fire on Oglesby kills South Side elderly woman, Janice Harley, near 82nd Street
November 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A house fire on Chicago's South Side claimed the life of an elderly woman.
Firefighters rushed to a house in the 8200-block of South Oglesby around 12 a.m. Sunday and found smoke pouring from the attic. They managed to extinguish the fire quickly, but when they searched the home, they found 76-year-old Janice Harley in critical condition.
She was taken to South Shore Hospital where she died.
A firefighter also reportedly suffered a minor injury.
Few details were available immediately. There was no word on exactly how or where the fire started.
ABC7Chicago.com will update this story as more information becomes available.
chicago news, diane pathieu
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...