Chicago Bears Robbie Gould, Blake Costanzo, Sherrick McManus pitch in to help IL tornado victims
November 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some high-profile athletes are pitching in to help with tornado relief efforts downstate.
Chicago Bears kicker Robbie Gould held an event Monday night for his charity "The Goulden Touch" in Chicago's River North neighborhood.
On Tuesday, he and fellow Bears Blake Costanzo and Sherrick McManus travel to Coal City to join American Red Cross volunteers serving lunch and distributing relief items.
"Anything that we can do to go down there as a group of guys to help out such great fans is pretty special," said Gould.
Gould is also donating some of the proceeds from his event to the American Red Cross.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 32 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All