Union leader: Ventra allows rides on negative balance
November 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A transit union leader says some new Ventra cards are allowing passengers to ride with a negative balance.
That's according to Amalgamated Transit Union Local 308 president Robert Kelly. CTA riders have had a number of complaints about the new Ventra fare payment system.
Kelly says this newest issue happens on a daily basis.
"This is revenue that, if lost to the CTA and is not collected, that is going to affect the budget a year from now. It's going to create a problem," said Kelly.
A spokesperson for the CTA accused Kelly of "spreading misinformation and outright lies, without bothering to learn the facts."
The agency said the CTA is paid fully and immediately for all trips and that the company that operates Ventra is responsible for any negative card balances.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 54 min ago
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary 43 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
38 min ago
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly...
57 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
54 min ago
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last...
43 min ago