Big Park in Little Village groundbreaking planned at 28th Street and Sacramento
November 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Southwest Side neighborhood hosts a groundbreaking for a new park Sunday.
It's for a project being called "The Big Park in Little Village."
The park will be built near 28th Street and Sacramento at the former Celotex site and will feature lighted turf soccer fields, as well as a grass baseball diamond, a skate park, and a rubberized play area.
Construction should wrap up by fall 2014.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 13 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos