Big Park in Little Village groundbreaking planned at 28th Street and Sacramento
November 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Southwest Side neighborhood hosts a groundbreaking for a new park Sunday.
It's for a project being called "The Big Park in Little Village."
The park will be built near 28th Street and Sacramento at the former Celotex site and will feature lighted turf soccer fields, as well as a grass baseball diamond, a skate park, and a rubberized play area.
Construction should wrap up by fall 2014.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout