Ad campaign targets menthol, e-cigarettes | Mayor Rahm Emanuel backs ordinance
November 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A new ad campaign aims to stop teens from smoking menthol and e-cigarettes.
Health experts say the minty flavor of menthol covers the taste of tobacco.
Two Chicago alderman, with the support of Mayor Emanuel are calling for an ordinance banning the sale of flavored cigarettes, like menthol amd e-cigarettes, to minors.
The City Council will review the proposals this week.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 16 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt 48 min ago
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- 2 kids who died with dad in I-65 crash ID'd 32 min ago
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Barrington meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says 10 min ago
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos