CTA: Free rides for federal employees with ID cards because of Ventra issues
November 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Some federal employees are receiving free rides by using their ID cards, the CTA says.
The CTA says that these ID cards, issued by the Environmental Protection Agency, have the same type of chip as the Ventra Cards.
Cubic, which owns the current Ventra system, is in the process of fixing the situation.
The CTA says that Ventra will be reimbursed.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds