Woman shot in Englewood apartment, hit by stray bullets
November 26, 2013 (OAK LAWN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A woman was shot while inside her Chicago apartment near 72nd Street and Lowe.
Police say the victim, 20, was shot in the abdomen and the side of her chest. According to authorities, she was in a back room on the first floor of an apartment building when shots came through the window at approximately 11:30 p.m. Monday.
Police said the bullets came from the back yard and appeared to have been stray bullets. They do not believe the woman was the intended target.
The victim was listed in serious but stable condition at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn Tuesday. Chicago police Area South detectives say they are investigating the Englewood shooting. No one was in custody Tuesday.
"I was laying down and then I heard two shots and I jumped up and then I ran in the front - me and my daughter ran in the front. And we didn't see nobody. It came from the back, shots came from the back," said one neighbor. "We hit the floor and turned off all the lights and stuff."
chicago news, jessica d'onofrio
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake