Woman shot in Englewood apartment, hit by stray bullets
November 26, 2013 (OAK LAWN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A woman was shot while inside her Chicago apartment near 72nd Street and Lowe.
Police say the victim, 20, was shot in the abdomen and the side of her chest. According to authorities, she was in a back room on the first floor of an apartment building when shots came through the window at approximately 11:30 p.m. Monday.
Police said the bullets came from the back yard and appeared to have been stray bullets. They do not believe the woman was the intended target.
The victim was listed in serious but stable condition at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn Tuesday. Chicago police Area South detectives say they are investigating the Englewood shooting. No one was in custody Tuesday.
"I was laying down and then I heard two shots and I jumped up and then I ran in the front - me and my daughter ran in the front. And we didn't see nobody. It came from the back, shots came from the back," said one neighbor. "We hit the floor and turned off all the lights and stuff."
chicago news, jessica d'onofrio
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling 5 min ago
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- NIU hazing death case in court
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed
- Ind. man allegedly took assault weapon on NJ-Chicago flight
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string
- Mom of 3 fatally shot hours after Gary hospital altercation
- Unconscious man found near Metra-Union Pacific tracks in Glencoe
- Wyoming explosion prompts evacuation of Opal, town of 95
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal
- 1888 shipwreck pictures in SF Bay released
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos