Woman shot in Englewood apartment, hit by stray bullets
November 26, 2013 (OAK LAWN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A woman was shot while inside her Chicago apartment near 72nd Street and Lowe.
Police say the victim, 20, was shot in the abdomen and the side of her chest. According to authorities, she was in a back room on the first floor of an apartment building when shots came through the window at approximately 11:30 p.m. Monday.
Police said the bullets came from the back yard and appeared to have been stray bullets. They do not believe the woman was the intended target.
The victim was listed in serious but stable condition at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn Tuesday. Chicago police Area South detectives say they are investigating the Englewood shooting. No one was in custody Tuesday.
"I was laying down and then I heard two shots and I jumped up and then I ran in the front - me and my daughter ran in the front. And we didn't see nobody. It came from the back, shots came from the back," said one neighbor. "We hit the floor and turned off all the lights and stuff."
chicago news, jessica d'onofrio
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- 7 in 77