Demarius Reed murder charges filed against 2, including Ed Jemeal Thomas, in death of ex- Simeon football player
November 26, 2013 (YPSILANTI, Mich.) (WLS) -- Two men were charged in the murder of a college football player from Chicago.
Demarius Reed was shot and killed in October during a robbery in the stairwell of his apartment near the campus of Eastern Michigan University.
Two 20-year-old men, including Ed Jemeal Thomas of Detroit, are charged with murder and armed robbery.
Reed's family was relieved to hear about the charges.
"For a while, I was feeling hopeless. [I] felt a little bit of joy, as well, but also some sadness. All those feelings just began to re-emerge. You know, the hurt, the loss," said Carl Reed, the victim's father.
Reed attended Simeon Career Academy in Chicago where he was a star football player.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 36 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD