Kedzie Avenue Bridge reopens
November 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Dept. of Transportation reopened the Kedzie Avenue bridge over the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal Tuesday.
The bridge, which was built in 1909 and reconstructed in 1969, was completely restored with a new concrete roadway deck, repaired girders, new sidewalks and more.
The project was completed entirely by city employees, making it the first in-house bridge reconstruction project in more than a decade.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow 6 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 5 min ago
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island 16 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps 14 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
5 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos