NBA player Willl Bynum helps keep lights on at Clara's Place in Englewood
November 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- NBA player Will Bynum helped keep the lights on at a battered women's shelter on Tuesday night. Bynum plays for the Detroit Pistons, but he's from Chicago.
On Tuesday night, he made sure the women living at Clara's Place in Englewood had a Thanksgiving dinner-- and he's paying the electric bill.
The shelter recently received a disconnect notice.
Bynum appeared Tuesday night via Skype.
He says he wants everyone at the shelter to know someone cares.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer