Overnight winter parking ban starts Sunday
November 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's winter overnight parking ban goes into effect Sunday morning, December 1.
Last year just over 300 vehicles were towed the first day of enforcement.
The parking ban remains in effect until April 1.
The restriction is in effect between 3 and 7 a.m. on main streets, even if there is no snow.
Violation fees include a $150-dollar towing fee and a $60 ticket.
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later 16 min ago
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion 35 min ago
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand