Car falls into sinkhole, traffic rerouted; Police say a watermain appears to have broken in the Far South Side area
November 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A car has fallen into a sinkhole on Chicago's Far South Side.
The only person in the car was able to get out safely.
Chicago Police said traffic in the area around the 9500 block of South Commercial is being rerouted.
Tom LaPorte with the Water Department says there are two watermain breaks in the area and describes where the car went in as a "complete washout."
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 1 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues 38 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 39 min ago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest 19 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults...
38 min ago