William Beavers reports to prison
December 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- William Beavers reported to prison Monday after he was found guilty of tax evasion for failing to report campaign money as income.
Beavers' attorney says the six-month sentence will be served at a Minnesota prison. Federal appeals court judges have rejected the former Cook County commissioner's attempt to delay his term while he appeals his corruption conviction.
Beavers' attorneys argued that with no prior history, Beavers should be allowed to postpone his date to appear at prison because otherwise, his appeal would likely be decided well after he was released.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos