Van stolen from S. Side parking lot; Mother said 2000 Chrysler Town and Country modified for handicapped son taken from movie theater lot
December 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A van recently modified for a handicapped boy is stolen on the South Side.
It happened late Sunday afternoon outside the Chatham Theater on West 87th Street.
Latowanna Jackson says she had a lift installed so the van could be used by her 11-year-old son.
Her nephew had used the vehicle to go to a movie and when he returned the van was gone.
"That's my lifeline for my son," Jackson said. "He has brain damage and that's my only transportation to get him to his doctor's appointments and physical therapy."
The van is a gold 2000 Chrysler Town and Country.
Jackson is asking whoever stole the vehicle to return it.
- Teen fatally shot in car chase, crash in West Town
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 5 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested 46 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway 14 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan 25 min ago
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on...
5 min ago