Van stolen from S. Side parking lot; Mother said 2000 Chrysler Town and Country modified for handicapped son taken from movie theater lot
December 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A van recently modified for a handicapped boy is stolen on the South Side.
It happened late Sunday afternoon outside the Chatham Theater on West 87th Street.
Latowanna Jackson says she had a lift installed so the van could be used by her 11-year-old son.
Her nephew had used the vehicle to go to a movie and when he returned the van was gone.
"That's my lifeline for my son," Jackson said. "He has brain damage and that's my only transportation to get him to his doctor's appointments and physical therapy."
The van is a gold 2000 Chrysler Town and Country.
Jackson is asking whoever stole the vehicle to return it.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 41 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy 32 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North 3 min ago
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
39 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
41 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
32 min ago