Walt Disney's Chicago home restoration, museum planned on Northwest Side
December 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There will be a special ceremony at the Chicago birthplace of Walt Disney on Thursday.
There will be a groundbreaking for a restoration project at the building at 2156 North Tripp where Walt and his brother Roy were born. The home was built by their father Elias Disney in 1893.
The home will serve as a historical site, museum and a community resource with the mission of promoting childhood creativity. Thursday would have been Walt Disney's 112th birthday.
The Walt Disney Company owns ABC7.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 40 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77