2 men charged with felony mail theft; John Merritt, Kevin Johns allegedly took mail from postal truck on West Side
December 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two men are facing charges for stealing mail on Chicago's West Side.
John Merritt and Kevin Johns are each charged with a felony count of theft.
Police say witnesses saw two men taking mail from a postal truck on the 2900 block of West Division.
Officers were able to track them down a few blocks away with the stolen mail nearby.
Both men are expected in bond court Thursday.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 16 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to... 25 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77