Chicago speed cameras added to Lakeview's Challenger Park, Washington Park
December 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The City of Chicago added two new speed cameras Friday.
They are located near Challenger Park in Lakeview and near Washington Park on the South Side.
They will issue warnings for the first 30 days. Then, they'll be shut down for two weeks to make sure drivers got their warnings.
Starting on January 19, they will start handing out tickets.
The city now has 33 cameras located near 18 schools and parks.
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 12 min ago
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 26 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma 53 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos