Chicago speed cameras added to Lakeview's Challenger Park, Washington Park
December 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The City of Chicago added two new speed cameras Friday.
They are located near Challenger Park in Lakeview and near Washington Park on the South Side.
They will issue warnings for the first 30 days. Then, they'll be shut down for two weeks to make sure drivers got their warnings.
Starting on January 19, they will start handing out tickets.
The city now has 33 cameras located near 18 schools and parks.
- Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in Calumet Heights 1 min ago
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT 19 min ago
- 5 injured in Roseland bus stop accident
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- Bicyclist struck, killed in Roselle identified 14 min ago
- Blue Angels to return for Air and Water Show
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos