Chicago speed cameras added to Lakeview's Challenger Park, Washington Park
December 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The City of Chicago added two new speed cameras Friday.
They are located near Challenger Park in Lakeview and near Washington Park on the South Side.
They will issue warnings for the first 30 days. Then, they'll be shut down for two weeks to make sure drivers got their warnings.
Starting on January 19, they will start handing out tickets.
The city now has 33 cameras located near 18 schools and parks.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand