Eataly Chicago closes for day- one week after opening
December 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Eataly Chicago is closed- but just for the day. According to a statement, the Italian restaurant and market closed to ''preserve our standards of quality and service.''
Eataly Chicago plans to reopen at 8 a.m. on Tuesday.
According to the statement, more than 120,000 people visited the store at 43 East Ohio Street in the first week, and 80,000 dined in the restaurant. The Italian superstore is owned by "The Chew" Chef Mario Batali.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 8 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 29 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 15 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 34 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos