Chicago teachers rally for education issues
December 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Public school teachers in Chicago held what they called a 'day of action' to raise awareness of education issues. It was one of 30 rallies planned for cities around the country.
The event began at City Hall. The demonstrators delivered lumps of coal, which they hoped would be brought to some Chicago aldermen.
And there were holiday cards describing needed education reforms. They made a number of demands, including an end to school closings and charter school expansion.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 58 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer 48 min ago
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party 36 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
58 min ago