Logan Square shooting kills Cayetano Sandoval, 68, near Spaulding, Armitage
December 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police are investigating after a man was shot to death in the 1900-block of North Spaulding Avenue in the Logan Square neighborhood.
Police say 68-year-old Cayetano Sandoval was shot in the chest several times just before 2 a.m. near the intersection of Spaulding and Armitage avenues. Police said he had multiple gunshot wounds to the chest. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
Witnesses say two men tried to rob Sandoval before knocking him to the ground, shooting him and running off.
No one is in custody.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home