Block 37 developers Laurence Freed, Caroline Walters indicted on federal fraud charges
December 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The developers of Block 37 have been indicted on federal fraud charges.
Laurence Freed and Caroline Walters, a vice president of his firm, have been charged with bank and mail fraud.
The indictment says when Freed's company ran into financial trouble, they made false statements to the city and to banks to obtain millions of dollars in loans and lines of credit.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 36 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 35 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home 18 min ago
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home 8 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
33 min ago
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
36 min ago