Chicago gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
December 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Gun violence victims were remembered Thursday night, two days before the first anniversary of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary.
A vigil took place at New Life Baptist Church in Chicago's Roseland community. Parents of local victims like Hadiya Pendleton shared their stories.
On December 14, 2012, a gunman killed 20 students and six adults at the Connecticut school.
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire 19 min ago
- SXSW crash in downtown Austin kills 2, injures 23 8 min ago
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 25 min ago
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- Dogs reunited with Avondale couple after break-in
- I-Team: Illinois deficit released
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Man arrested after Colorado child kidnapping, 2 carjackings 40 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
25 min ago