Kerry Wood's Wood Family Foundation delivers coats to Lawndale Elementary
December 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Usually elves are around to help Santa, but in Chicago, former Cubs pitcher Kerry Wood and his wife Sarah pitched in.
The Wood Family Foundation delivered coats and gifts to students at Lawndale Elementary on Friday.
The foundation adopts a school each December.
The organization tries to select one where the principal is working to make big changes.
- South Korea ferry sinks; 292 missing, at least 3 dead 12 min ago
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later 29 min ago
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion 48 min ago
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand