Chicago Fire plans North Side soccer facility
December 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Fire soccer team unveiled plans to build a large soccer facility on the city's Northwest Side.
The nearly 5-acre project will be built on land at 3626 N. Talman Avenue, which is now a vacant factory.
The 140,000- square foot development will house two full-sized soccer fields, the city's first air-supported dome, and retail and office space. The team will practice there from time to time.
The Chicago Fire plans to open the sports facility next summer.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer