Chicago Fire plans North Side soccer facility
December 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Fire soccer team unveiled plans to build a large soccer facility on the city's Northwest Side.
The nearly 5-acre project will be built on land at 3626 N. Talman Avenue, which is now a vacant factory.
The 140,000- square foot development will house two full-sized soccer fields, the city's first air-supported dome, and retail and office space. The team will practice there from time to time.
The Chicago Fire plans to open the sports facility next summer.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 2 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 29 min ago
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
29 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 12, 2014
4 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
2 min ago